Monday 7 February 2011

Birthday Owl

Have you noticed there are owls everywhere? Owls and birds in general are some of my favourite motifs in art, I always gravitate to owl cards, jewellery, tops for Neve. But as I say they are everywhere, imagined in so many unique ways. Some of my favourite designers have tackled them at least once, either realistically or in a pared down stylised way. So I wanted to create my own for a recent card made for a fellow owl lover friend and found it quite difficult to be original. Anyway this is the little creature that appeared- derivative certainly but unique in his own way! Funnily enough he was the first of my rough sketches and I just liked his naive wee shape. Here is an image of the finished card- extra pattern etc courtesy of craft paper. And for now he is the blog header too!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.