It was a lovely start to the year for me to win a Liebster Award from Jen at Little Birdie.
Here is a little about it -
"The Liebster Award is for bloggers with under 300 followers and the rules of the award is that the nominee must link back to whoever awarded them, write 11 random facts about themselves, answer the 11 questions from the award giver, and then nominate another 11 bloggers and make up 11 questions for them to answer. It's a great way for new and undiscovered bloggers to meet new people, get more followers and find some blogs that they want to follow."
My 11 Random Facts
1. I am a trained neighbourhood mediator.
2. I write short stories.
3. Its my ambition to visit Paris.
4. I live in Urban Outfitters stuff.
5. I have every Nigella book. Love her.
6. I used to paint scenery in a theatre.
7. I used to be vegan.
8. I mostly wear black.
9. My favourite book is Bright Lights Big City - Jay McInerney.
10. I am a little bit obsessed by getting to my Body Pump class.
11. I feel most at peace in the woods.
My answers to Jen's questions
1. Bourbon cream or custard cream?
Custard Cream - split in half and eaten separately!
2. Camping or luxury hotel?
Neither, renting a cottage is our thing.
3. What's your favourite word?
Powerful words like love, hope and truth. They can change things!
4. What smell do you like the most?
Real vanilla essence.
5. What's the worst Christmas present you have ever received?
Mmmmm none really, I am very lucky with nearest and dearest present choice.
6. Which is your favourite season?
7. Lego or Playmobil?
8. Who is your favourite actor?
9. Bright colours or pastel colours?
Pastel mostly but bright green is my favourite colour!
10. What is your ideal day off?
Mooch around some vintage shops, lunch out and a walk in the woods with the kids.
11. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
I could live off tea (as in cup of)- does that count???
And I pass this on to the following blogs that I read and appreciate. I have tried to pick people that I don't think have won this before (but I haven't checked so apologies if you have - hey its good to get twice!)
West End Maw
All Stitched Up
Just a Little Less
The Striped Deckchair
Thimbles and Crumbles
I know its a lot to answer and please if you don't have the time or head space to do it then even if you do the 11 random facts its always fascinating to know a wee bit more about people!
Here are my 11 questions for you -
1. Where is your most favourite place on earth?
2. What is your happiest memory?
3. What is your favourite book?
4. What scent brings back the most memories to you?
5. What prompted you to start a blog?
6. What or who is your inspiration?
7. Favourite cookbook?
8. Velvet or silk?
9. Do you believe in Karma?
10. Lamps or candlelight?
Thank you again Jen and sorry this has taken me so long. Life just got in the way I guess. Jo xx
(Image above is Snowberries so I am told - They look so spartan and white in the woods just now.)