Tuesday 28 January 2014

Hearts for February




I don't think that I am the only one getting through January with the odd indulgent treat. Shhhhhhhhh but I have bought a few things from the Tatty Devine sale. The little biscuit heart necklace is so delicate and pretty that it inspired me and the children to make and decorate some hanging hearts. 

Two Christmas's ago, I saw Karen's (from A Quiet Corner) branch that she put up for hanging decorations from - then when my neighbour offered me some twisted hazel I took a branch and it has been hanging there ever since. We use it at Christmas, Valentines, Easter and its default is birds and owls of course!

We cut heart shapes from strong red card and stuck them together with pink string to hang them. Then we decorated them with paint, glitter pens and stickers. We meant to do more of them but got a little bit waylaid by hand painting and those butterfly painting you make by folding the paper over some paint splodges! 

I rather like them, ushering in St Valentines in a few weeks as they do, and the kiddos are very proud. We think they go well with the  toadstools and birds- our midwinter decorations.


8 comments:

  1. January needs treats! Why people deprive themselves during this tough month is beyond me. Your branch looks very jolly. Nice idea. And thanks so much for commenting on my blog. I'm unsure about the whole blogging thing right now and it's lovely to see some kind words beneath my ramblings. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's equally lovely to see you here too Anna. I need to reach out more with the blogging. Not easy for an introvert! Love reading your posts, Jo xx

      Delete
  2. I love the heart decorations, such a fun thing to do with the little ones. Gorgeous necklace too, Tatty Devine sales are just too tempting! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline- we are making more decorations today. Heart sun catchers no less! Jo xx

      Delete
  3. Yes I think I need to indulge in some twiggy loveliness this weekend. You have inspired me right back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, I like make sure you get the credit for inspiring me! Yes get out there and find another branch - I will look forward to what you put on it! Jx

      Delete
  4. I'm so glad you got yourself a lovely treat from Tatty Devine too! and I love your branch of pretty things...I keep meaning to do something similar, it is such a lovely way to display handmade and found treasures. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rachel - I'm afraid I treated myself to a little too many things last month. Will need to rein it in this month! Would love to see what you make and hang on your branch! Jo xx

      Delete

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.