Friday 27 April 2012

Happy Friday!


Well so you know how a Thursday goes in my house- this is a Friday. And lest you think I am rather fond of a small libation mmmmm small children kinda lead you to a wee drink when they are snuggled at the end of the week!

Friday involves David and I having a  lovely gin and tonic. Tonight's one was made with a very special gin from Demijohn on Byres Road in Glasgow, I can testify that this gin is super smooth and very yum. If you are in Glasgow you must check Demijohn out.

And yes those are dry roasted peanuts- what else would a seventies obsessive snack on!

Have a lovely weekend everyone, Jo xx

12 comments:

  1. That gin looks very special! I was just discussing the kids = booze equation with friends today; it certainly does take the edge off the end of a long week! Hope you have a lovely relaxing weekend. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel- been away for a night so feeling refreshed- without the gin! Jo x

      Delete
  2. Yum! I will agree with Rachel! I seriously drink a beer every night! Is it bad that I start lookin forward to it around 4:00 though? :) happy weekend! Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too true Marci- I think its an inevitable stress relief with young kiddos! Jo xx

      Delete
  3. Have a lovely weekend Jo. Great seeing some of your recent vintage finds in use xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline- yes I love to use the wee things I find! Jxx

      Delete
  4. That has to be the prettiest gin bottle! I'm not much of a gin drinker but I'd certainly give it a go from that bottle. Friday nights are all about letting your hair down, no guilt allowed, that's what I tell myself anyway!
    Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally Jo- Its very nice to end the week with a small refreshment! Jo xx

      Delete
  5. Friday night is my red wine night but on a Saturday, especially if we are having proper dinner I love a cheeky G&T; and on a Sunday lunchtime. G&T is, I have just realised my desert island drink...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The gin in the picture was really nice- very smooth! Yes GT is my fav too! Jxx

      Delete
  6. Ooh, I love a G&T. I really do. Thanks for reminding me...I'm off to see if the tonic is flat... x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small cans is the way to go! That way always fizzy! Hope you had a great weekend, Jxx

      Delete

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.