Thursday 12 April 2012

Thursday/Friday

You know what I love more than anything these days- Thursday nights (I finish work for the week)! We get the Kiddos off to bed. While David says a final good night to the boy I come downstairs and tidy up. Put the toys away, wipe the breakfast bar and bring out the adult place settings (thank you Nicky), the wine glasses etc and then I cook something nice for us both.

Tonight was Caesar Salad with Crispy Chicken.

The rest of the week tea time usually involves coercing the boy to eat and helping the bubba to manage eating. Not much room for me to eat and food is definitely just re-fuelling! This is just for now anyway- family meals will develop I am sure!

So D and I just love a wee peaceful night clinking glasses and enjoying chat and food- re-charging our batteries!

Happy Thursday everyone,

Love Jo x

PS the poppy plate is Elizabethan 'Carmen'- very vibrant colours!

18 comments:

  1. Thursdays sound great in your house & delicious x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen- I love Good Food recipes- always quite quick and yummy! Jx

      Delete
  2. Love the plate. I know what you mean about eating with the kids. We eat when they go to bed as my other half isn't home early enough to eat with them, and I actually love the chance to cook and savour a meal, rather than rushing it in between wiping mouths and mopping spilt juice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes- I too just love being able to taste what I eat! I am sure it will get better soon as they get a wee bit older! Jx

      Delete
  3. Your routine is just like ours. We try and eat together some nights but with work and tired kids we have dinner just the two of us later.....in peace.....on the sofa :) happy thursday x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like bliss too- sofa dinners are great also! Jx

      Delete
  4. it sounds just perfect.
    my little one is a late-nighter, so evenings alone are a distant memory lol... one day... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Soon, sure things will change soon. Evenings together to eventually happen and they make you feel a wee bit human again- well that's my experience anyway! Thanks you for commenting, Jo x

      Delete
  5. The ritual of the parent not putting the kids to bed doing the tidy round rings so true here. I quite enjoy it! The salad sounds amazing, I hope you enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Have a fab weekend too and thanks for commenting! Jx

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a lovely evening, have a fab weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simple pleasures! Good company, a nice meal and a glass of wine .... and a reasonably tidy house always helps! Like your blog a lot. XCathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Catherine- I am so glad you like it! I appreciate your comment, Jo x

      Delete
  8. It is so good that you set aside that time for yourself. I work as a nanny, and have worked with a few families, and I genuinely find that the parents who set aside time to be themselves, and do things they love, are the ones who cope better with hard times, and who have thriving families because of it.

    Also, that plate is gorgeous, and just shows you that some Victorian's liked cheerful stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww thanks Lisa-Marie that is really nice- hope you have had a great weekend, Jxx

    ReplyDelete

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.