Monday 30 April 2012

Unexpected Monday!


I am a fiend for worrying- I worry if I have done enough, worked hard enough, been kind enough- helped enough. You know it all gets quite exhausting worrying as much as I do! So today was one of those days that just make you happy, loved and accepted.

Me and the wee one had lunch with my dear friend Richard. In between the whims of a toddler we talked interiors, namely Richard's great taste and all about his wee orphan lamb they are hand rearing on their smallholding. And you remember those 'wowls', well Richard gave me a pair- I was well, stoked.

The lunch venue had a few of our fav charity shops next door and two tiny dishes and a some more table linen later we returned home.

Meanwhile the postman had delivered a squishy parcel from my lovely sister in law. It contained a beautiful scarf, well its a cowl really, knitted in the softest, cosiest merino wool. It was in a recent Molly Makes and I am quite honoured that my Sister in Law's Mum knitted it for me. A big thank you.

There was also a card for the kiddos which invites us all to my Brother and Sister in Law's new home for lunch soon- Finn was delighted and so are we.

I hope you all had as good a Monday, Jo xx

14 comments:

  1. What a great start to the week - hope it stays good for you! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen- Today is nice too! Jxx

      Delete
  2. I love the Wowls, and the cowl! I am a champion worrier too, isn't it tiring?! Glad you had such a lovely worry free day, hope the week carries on like that for you. Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel- Glad I am not alone on the worrying front! Have a lovely week! Jxx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely day. Love the dishes! A good start to the week here because THE SUN CAME OUT!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian- I am hoping to attempt some cooking with them this week! Jxx

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic day you had! It's so nice when you get a day that's just calm and happy. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen- the charity shops on Dumbarton Rd were fab yesterday- I showed amazing restraint! Jxx

      Delete
  5. Oh lucky you, love your owls and your dishes - you always find the best things! I am a bit of a worrier too and sometimes drive myself crazy worrying about the silliest things! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Col- These wee dishes were 30p each- that is a bargain for over here! I am trying to be a bit restrained as care insurance and other big expenditure this month! Jxx

      Delete
  6. What a lovely friend! And those bowls are super cute too!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rebecca- I think they are wee individual 70's casseroles! Cute! Jxx

      Delete
  7. thanks for your lovely comment jo. sounds like you had one of those rare perfect days. they do happen sometimes :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Francesca- Lovely of you to comment- yes it was a great start to the week, Jo xx

      Delete

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.