Tuesday 19 February 2013

iittala



For a long time I was immune to the charms of iitala glass.  I just couldn't work out what made it better than any other (much cheaper) glass votives.  However to cheer up winter this year we were burning lots of candles and I started to lust after the Kastehelmi or 'dewdrop' glass range.  It reminds me of glass my Nana had and looks so very pretty either in daylight or in darkness, lit of course.  I took the plunge last month and treated myself to two small purchases and I can now equivocally say that iittala is quite special and that this little grouping above are currently making me extremely happy!

Hope you are enjoying the sunshine today, the top picture was just taken in my sunny front room! Jo xx


5 comments:

  1. Really beautiful, your little collection looks perfect together x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I am really quite taken with them! Jo xx

      Delete
  2. Love these...I have just had a little look on their website and see that they do these in all sorts of colours, and now want some very badly!

    I have long been a fan of their Kartio glasses. They are so simple and perfectly proportioned, and there is just something really perfect about the feel and weight of them in your hand.

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian - yes the Maribowls are just beautiful! Thanks for the recomendation re the glasses. Jxx

      Delete
  3. I was just looking at these yesterday, I'm considering buying my lil sis a bowl for her kitchen tea. It is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.