Thursday 28 February 2013

Nature In The Home


Joining in with Lou's 'Nature in the Home' series. You can see the beautiful button over top right just now. I was going to try moving it around a bit; but I am quite enamoured with it,  so it is staying right at the top for just now. Lou is an artist with a fantastic blog, 'Little Green Shed', that I visit very often, and you must too.

Just a wee pic of my back room clutch of house plant survivors. I have loved the Amaryllis we had the privilege of entertaining on the window ledge for the last few weeks and I think some fragrant hyacinths must replace it this weekend.

7 comments:

  1. I have just got rid of the last of the poinsettias for some spring plants on the kitchen windowsill. I love Lou's series. And your sideboard is a thing of beauty!

    Gillian x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gillian, it was my Nana's. I haven't seen another like it. It had a hard life but still going strong! Jo xx

      Delete
  2. Lovely collection of plants Jo. I love your sideboard too and is that a ghost chair I spy? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Caroline, it is indeed! I have which we love. They do show every mark- I gave up long ago keeping them gleaming (well when children came along!), Jxx

      Delete
  3. Beautiful (I also love the sideboard)

    We have a bit of an issue with plants as Dave has quite bad hayfever, so this year I am hoping to get some cacti and non-flowering succulents for a bit of greenery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa-marie, I reckon cacti are the way to go. The sideboard was my Nana's. Its a lovely one, much loved in this house, Jo xx

      Delete
  4. What fantastic collection of houseplants. We only have one, much loved, african violet sitting on our kitchen windowsill at the moment. I may have to collect some more.

    ReplyDelete

It is always amazing to know you read and comment - so thank you very much.